Paleo Sweet Potato Chili is loaded with Italian sausage, sweet potatoes and vegetables. This delicious chili will definitely warm you up without weighing you down.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 /2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 /4 tsp. cayenne
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1″ pieces
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
PREP & COOK
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more, then add tomato paste and stir until well coated. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Add chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potatoes, broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.