Paleo Broccoli Salad is yummy enough to win over any broccoli- or salad-hater. This well-balanced meal will leave your mouth watering for more.
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 heads broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 /2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 /2 c. dried cranberries
- 1 /2 c. sliced almonds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 /2 c. mayonnaise
- 3 apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
PREP & COOK
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in the prepared bowl of ice water. When cool, drain florets in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, cranberries, nuts and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir to combine.