Makes 2-4 servings
If I had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life, this dish may very well be it. Why? Because it’s versatile, scrumptious and healthy. With a heavenly base of roasted red pepper sauce and quinoa – and a wide variety of toppings from which to choose – it’s a bowl that bends to whatever you’re craving (while staying low carb).
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup almonds
For the Mediterranean Bowls
Choose whichever ingredients you’d like from the following:
- Cooked quinoa
- Spinach, kale, or cucumber
- Feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh basil or parsley
Olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
Prep & Cook
- Pulse all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth. The texture should be thick and textured.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When the quinoa is done, build yourself a Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl!
Store leftovers in separate containers and assemble each bowl just before serving, especially the greens and the sauces, as those will get soggy when stored with all the other ingredients.