Did you know you can substitute cheese for flour tortillas? Keto Quesadillas are so easy and tasty, you will want to make them again and again.
- 1 extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 /2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 /2 tsp. chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 shredded monterey jack
- 3 c. shredded cheddar
- 4 shredded chicken
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
PREP & COOK
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pepper and onion and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture into the center of both prepared baking sheets. Spread into an even layer and shape into a circle, the size of a flour tortilla.
- Bake cheeses until melted and slightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion-pepper mixture, shredded chicken, and avocado slices to one half of each. Let cool slightly, then use the parchment paper and a small spatula to gently lift and fold one side of the cheese “tortilla” over the side with the fillings. Return to oven to heat, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Garnish with green onions and sour cream before serving.