What kind of shrimp should I buy?
We recommend using medium shrimp for this recipe. You should also buy the shrimp peeled and deveined if you can, too. It helps ensure that the dinner process is as quick and easy as possible.
How long do I cook the shrimp?
Shrimp cooks super quickly! It only needs a few minutes. Once it turns pink and opaque, it’s ready to eat. If you cook it for too long, it’ll become rubbery.
Is it spicy?
There’s a little kick from the red pepper flakes, but it’s a spice level that most people can handle. If you prefer everything super-milk, just season it with salt and pepper instead.
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, plus juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine (or water)
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
PREP & COOK
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil. Add shrimp, lemon slices, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, lemon juice, and white wine. Season with salt and garnish with parsley before serving